1. Create your magic ring
[chain 5 + slip stitch into your starting hole] This forms a small circle.
2. [chain 2** + 1DC + chain 1]
3. In the center of your magic ring complete 5
[2DC + chain 1].
4. [slip stitch to the left of **] If you are starting a new color of yarn, tie off here.
POPQUIZ: You should have 6 rungs of [2DC] with a [chain 1] between each rung.
PETAL PART I (begin new color)
1. If you are starting a new color, start yarn in the opening made from a [chain 1] of your inner ring.
2. Complete [chain 2 + 1DC + chain 2 + 2DC]**
3. In the other 5 openings complete
[2DC + chain 2 + 2DC].
4. [slip stitch to the left of **]
PETAL PART II (same color as petal part I)
1. In each of the 6 [chain 2] holes complete [8DC].
[slip stitch between the first 2DC to close and tie off]
POPQUIZ : You should have 6 petals.
OUTER RING PART I (begin new color)
1. Start yarn in between the first and second DC of any petal.
2. Complete [1SC] in between each of the [8DC] of the petal. You will have made [7SC].
3. Between the petal you are working on and the next petal complete [1DC] in the gap between the [2DC + chain 1 + 2DC] from petal part I.
4. Repeat Step 2 and Step 3 until you reach the start. If you are switching colors, slip stitch and tie off.
POPQUIZ: Your stitching pattern should go [7SC, 1DC, 7SC, 1 DC…].
OUTER RING PART II (continue or begin new color)
1. If you are starting a new color, start yarn in between a first and second SC of any petal. If you are continuing the same color, slip stitch in between the first and second SC of your next petal.
2. [chain 2] This is your first DC. Complete [1DC] in between the next two [SC] from outer ring part I.
3. [chain 2] then DC in between the next eight [SC] from outer ring part I.
4. Repeat Step 3 until you reach the beginning. Slip stitch and tie off.
POPQUIZ: You should have a hexagon shape with 8 rungs (made up of each [DC]) between each gap (made from each [chain 2]).