Thursday, September 29, 2011

my first adventure out of our highly-perched nest with 3 little birds

today
today
today
the Glooms got me
and the Grumps
and even the Despairs.

blah.

i carried Little Man in my right arm
and Bitty Boy in my left arm
and a diaper bag swung over my shoulder
and Little Lady holding onto my hip
and together we emerged from our highly-perched nest
down 50 stairs
Little Man buckled in
Little Lady buckled in
Bitty Boy buckled in
Momma buckled in

20 minutes of driving when i realized
whoops
i forgot my wallet and the paper 
with the address of where we needed to go.

20 minutes back home
up 50 stairs
down 50 stairs
buckled back in
30 minutes of driving
found the IRS building
oops, its not open for another 45 minutes
back in car

wandered around a thrift store for an hour
Bitty Boy sleeping
Little Man cooing and pointing at everything
Little Lady dancing next to cart
holding a $1 treasure
[ a prize for being so good ]

back into the car
back to the IRS building
waited for 1 hour
talked to a man for 5 minutes
he could not help me do what i needed to get done.
a pointless trip.

back into the car
30 minute drive home
[ i may or may not have been crying at this point ]
up 50 stairs.

put Little Man down for nap
got Little Lady set up with sesame street
fed Bitty Boy and rocked him back to sleep.

i'm terribly tired and horrendously exhausted
but guess what

I DID IT
I VENTURED OUT OF OUR HIGHLY-PERCHED NEST WITH 3 BIRDS

and even though it was horrible [haha]


tomorrow is a new day
and i will NOT be going anywhere :)
we will spend a lovely, lazy day
in our home
together

thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment